Upgraded to improve safety and enjoyment to the area
Elephant Walk car park upgrade | 2015
Project completed | 2015
This popular precinct has been upgraded to improve pedestrian safety, increase grassy open space, protect existing trees, increase indigenous vegetation and provide disabled parking.
The Elephant Walk car park at Yellow Bluff provides public parking for the Torquay Play Park and picnic areas along the foreshore. The redevelopment of the toilet block and car park were undertaken in accordance with the principles and recommendations of the Torquay Foreshore Master Plan.
In addition to the replacement of the old toilet block in 2014, the 2015 works included:
- Improving pedestrian safety by increasing the car park and road set back from the edge of the playground.
- Increasing available grass open space and picnic areas overlooking the foreshore.
- Protection of the mature Cypress trees from vehicles and further root compaction.
- Establishment of additional indigenous planting and a stormwater treatment system.
- Provision of disabled parking at the new toilet block as per Australian Standards.