About coastal volunteering
Do you want to help to protect and preserve coastal environments? Ready to roll up your sleeves?
Environmental Volunteering is:
- Good for your health and fitness
- A great way to meet others and socialise
- A hands on way to make a real difference to our precious coast
Who can get involved? Anyone with a love of the outdoors and a passion for the environment can take part and start making a difference. You don't have to be experienced or an expert, there's plenty of opportunities for new members to grow and learn.
What kind of activities are involved? Volunteer groups along our coast carry out a variety of roles in many different areas. Activities may include:
- Developing facilities such as walking tracks
- Preventing erosion
- Participating in informative walks,
- Monitoring native birds and animals
- Attending meeting and social events.
And much more!
How often will I need to participate? Even if you only have one day or a weekend to spare, volunteer groups would love to hear from you! You can become a regular participant, or help out when and where you can.