Managing 37km from Torquay to Lorne
As a community-based, not-for-profit organisation, all dollars made through Great Ocean Road Coast commercial operations go back in to the caravan parks, coast and community.
Our outdoor rangers undertake a range of works such as beach clean ups and facility maintenance on a regular basis to ensure the Great Ocean Road coastline remains in top condition.
Our outdoor rangers maintain over 88 access points, 16 BBQs, 29 toilet blocks and more along the coast.
The team conduct a range of work to keep the foreshore in top condition. These works includes:
- Asset and facility building, repairs and maintenance (e.g. beach access points, tracks, amenities and signage)
- Coastal protection works (e.g. beach clean ups, revegetation work, mowing and weed control)
- Arbour works (e.g. tree risk mitigation)
- Waste management and collection
- Community event support (e.g. Lorne Pier to Pub, Anaconda Adventure Race, ANZAC Day Services)
Each year the Great Ocean Road Coast invest a significant portion of revenue into managing the coastline to meet visitor demands and expectations.
Here’s just a few examples:
- Beach access infrastructure
- Car parks
- Garbage bins
- Outdoor showers
- Picnic tables and shelters
- Public lighting
- Toilet blocks
- Traffic signs
- Viewing platforms
- Walking tracks including the Surf Coast Walk
We strive to maintain our facilities to the highest standard. Please report any issues directly to our office on 03 5220 5055.
Find out more about each coastal reserve in the links below.
Must visit sites along the Great Ocean Road
Other popular areas along the coast not managed by the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee include:
Point Danger Marine Sanctuary (Parks Victoria)
Rocky Point Marine Sanctuary (Parks Victoria)
13th Beach (Barwon Coast Committee of Management)
Bells Beach (Surf Coast Shire)
South Side (Surf Coast Shire)
Guvvos Beach (Parks Victoria)
Point Addis (Parks Victoria)
Urquharts Bluff (Parks Victoria)
Eagle Rock Marine Sanctuary (Parks Victoria)
St George’s River (Parks Victoria).